What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Now it's official

skyking902001

Well Known Member
Been lurking here long enough--now it's official--just placed an order for the RV8 empennage kit. Looking forward to getting started. Thanks in advance for answers to all the questions I'm gonna have! :D

Sky
RV8/RV8A?
0% started, 110% to go!

Been lurking here long enough--now it's official--just placed an order for the RV8 empennage kit. Looking forward to getting started. Thanks in advance for answers to all the questions I'm gonna have! :D

Sky
RV8/RV8A?
0% started, 110% to go!

Welcome Sky!

Right move Steve! Soon you will share your knowledge of the build with other newbees:)

Good choice, Steve. If I were doing another RV it would be the 8.

There's nothing like sitting on the center line of an airplane. :)

Thanks--

Thanks for the encouraging words. Am so ready to get started on the 8. I intend to use mykitlog and post progesss there. :D

Steve

Make it a 8

Skyking,

Make it an 8.

Welcome to building.

What are you flying now?

Come and visit my Shop www.RVCentral.US I am on Hicks airfield T67, in Fort Worth,TX. I can show you how to speed up your build. Help you get set up for a smooth build. You can visit Avery Tools as well. They are on this airfield too.

We have two RV8s going together. Two RV7As, 2 more 8s flying including the 'Borrowed Horse'.

Come on down!!!

8 or 8A?

Jay, I hope to make it down your way sometime early next year. Another RV owner located here built his 8 at your place--he had nothing but good words about his experience. Currently I'm flying a Citation II. Haven't flown a piston airplane in over 10 years and have zero taildragger time--this is going to be quite an adventure! :eek:

Steve

Congrats! It's tons of fun so far. Be sure to make it an 8! Once you fly a taildragger, you will never go back to your Citation. ;)

Go Steve

Sky,
You will be so glad you picked the 8; after 540 hrs, I still smile every time I walk in the hangar. The "RV grin" is fully developed by the time she gets pushed back in. Every flight I continue to be amazed how much I enjoy this exceptional aircraft. I really believe I could not have picked a better plane for the kind of flying I do. Best of luck with your project...the building is fun and the flying is even better!
Jon Farley
"Redtail Angel"

Welcome to "The Fellowship of the Wing"

Sky,
Welcome to The Fellowship of the Wing.
I have only recently started flying my -8, and am still discovering what she can do. This week, I took one of my buds up for his first flight. (This fellow has never been known to turn down another biscuit, if you catch my drift...) With the two of us on board, we were seeing 1700 fpm climb. He is a Cessna driver, so this blew him away. I have already started taking the climb rate for granted, and it did me good to be reminded that these are truly spectacular ships that Mr. Van has designed for us...

Tail Kit Arrived!

Now it is really official-when Van's said 3 days they were dead on! Thanks again to the "welcome committee". Looking forward to building and posting on the "Force". :D

Sky

Pick of the RV Litter

Welcome from one Sky King to another! The Doll is pushing ten years old, and has flown over 1100 RV grinning hours! I started on my tail kit on September 22 1997. Building the Doll is one of the best things I have ever done, and I had a ball doing it!

I took her for an aerobatic romp this morning, and I put her away with another RV grin. You are going to love this airplane. Like the others, I recommend that you build her as a RV-8. IMHO the RV-8 is the best looking, and all around best RV in the RV litter of wonderful airplanes.
Centerline flying can not be beat.

Build with pride.

Tail is started!

Danny, the "Doll" is really beautiful. I know you must be very proud of her. I inventoried my kit and started the tail this weekend--already having a ball! :D:D

Steve

Back