What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Backorder parts from Vans

Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I picked up my slow build fuselage kit over a month ago and had several items on backorder. This included the wing center section as I am building the fuselage before the wings.

For those of you who have had parts on backorder, how long did you have to wait to get them? I do understand COVID-19 has slowed things down - we have challenges at my workplace all the time because of it so I get it. The issue I have is two requests for info (a guess?) as to when they might ship have gone unanswered. To their credit, they have been fantastic about dealing with a few missing parts from the inventory check.

Right now I find myself skipping around the plans getting what I can done, but able to actually complete very little as each section seems to have a missing piece or two. Not a good way to go. Anyone else having this experience?

Rick
RV-4 N999XS
RV-10 42100 in progress...

I picked up my fuse from Van's on 10/9 and haven't recieved any of the BO parts. One bag is ready to ship and they will send it but an item I exchanged is now on BO til late december and they'll ship the two together. The other couple BO parts I need are not close to blocking me so I haven't inquired.

Got my empanage kit early in October for the RV 10. Still waiting for all the BO parts. Hopefully soon.

Keith

Talked to Vans today. Still no guesses as to when the center section might be produced, arrive, ship, etc. This is a bummer as everything seems to built around it so pretty soon I’ll be pausing the whole project while I wait for parts.

I did ask them to go ahead and ship the b/o parts they DO have so i can get a little more finished. They mentioned they like to ship all of the b/o parts at once. Understandable but not ideal...

Have received some, but not the centerpiece— the center section bulkheads that everything is built around. I’ve been very pleasant with the folks there but have not heard back from my latest email. This is starting to get frustrating as it is really slowing things down, and there’s no estimate as to when things might arrive.

My complete fuse kit (slow build) got delayed by 6-9 weeks. I was suppose to pick it up on Jan 26, 2021 and now looking at March 9 at earliest/if I am lucky :(

My QB wings arrived on 4/15/2020. Still waiting on the backordered ailerons.

Some backorders take a loooonnnnnggggggg time.

Back