What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner for the Show Plane cowl

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
For those builders using the Show Plane cowl, where are you getting your 15? spinners and how much do they cost?

Carl

Whirlwind has 15" spinners. Although come with their props, they'd probably sell them separately if you call them.

Van's Aircraft/Hartzell Prop

Special ordered the Hartzell D-4798-1P polished spinner though Van's. $1540 plus shipping. You need to reach out to Barb at Van's if you want to special order this spinner.

The spinner that Van's shows on their website for the Hartzell three bladed composite prop is the C-4582-P. The D-4798 spinner is a bit longer and I like the aesthetics better.

I have the Show Planes cowl. I haven't installed it yet, but another RV-10 next to mine at Synergy Air South has the same cowl, the same prop and the unpainted version of the the D-4798 spinner installed. It looks really nice.

Thanks Krea.

On the first RV-10 I used the James cowl. I consider this cowl the best modification I did on that plane. Talking with the new owners of James Aircraft they are working to offer an RV-10 cowl again (and an RV-14 cowl) but no timeline in place. I?m looking at the Show Plane cowl as a backup plan.

The James Cowl uses a 14? spinner. At the time Hartzell wanted $1400 for a polished spinner. I found a kit plane place that uses the same spinner on their kits and got it for $750 (shipped direct from Hartzell so it gives you an idea on the markup).

For me, the stock Van?s cowl and 13? spinner is just out of proportion for the RV-10. The new plane will sport either a 14? or 15? spinner.

Carl

49-DEFC54-251-C-44-D3-A50-F-EA52-FE22-ACCE.jpg

Back