What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

You know your passenger has a bit of nerves when he sneaks a prayer behind your back!

ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
Today I took one of my colleagues from work on his very first general aviation airplane flight out of Byron Airport in California. He didn't know I had the camera on and he sneaked a prayer behind my back. Busted! :D

http://youtu.be/iZ-Rf70pCmE

I took my sister's friend for a ride in an ultra light years ago. He happened to be a priest and was also legally blind. He told me he could differentiate the ground from the sky in that everything above the horizon was dark gray and everything below the horizon was black. I mentioned that it might be a good idea to start praying if the gray ended up on the bottom for some reason. :)

Eh???

We had a Muslim member in our RV 9 Group who turned toward Mecca before every flight and prayed. Sorry but I just don't get this. God, Allah, Budda or the great Spirit lets millions die son a daily basis..... I put my faith in a good design, well built with good piloting skills!!

Can't say I pray before flying, but I do offer very kind words and an occasional pat on the glare shield or cowling of my plane. Never ever any harsh words, under any conditions!

Because I fly an RV-6, I pray for a smooth touchdown and straight rollout with no bounces each time I'm on final. :D

My lovely Catholic wife, Alina, makes be bless myself before I even walk out the door every morning. I throw in a self blessing every time I take off too. Plus as needed. :D

~J~

I've been known to do that. The way I see it, when I do really need help, I figure I may do a little better if He recognizes who is doing the asking! Come to think of it, I often need help...

Bob

Back