What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sealed main wheel bearings

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Has anyone done the main wheel mods from Anti Splat for sealing the main wheel bearings for no repacking bearings ever again?

Any issues?

I've had the nose wheel upgrade for the past 3.5 years and have seen no problems.

Last edited:
Sealed wheel bearings

Anti Splat did the main gear about a year ago. (And I get 75 landings a year)
Absolutely no problems.

I've purchased many Anti Splat upgrades over the years and am very happy with all of them.

I did it on my -14

It’s great. Even makes rolling the plane on a ramp or in the hangar easier. 140 hours on the plane and no issues so far.

I did this about 8 years ago. Both nose and main gear. Works great, no bearing repacking and minimal grease/. dirt to cleanup at inspections.

So nice ---

--- I did it twice :)

First time was on Parker/Cleveland wheels after I flew the aircraft for a few hundred hours. The lower and more uniform rolling resistance made ground handling very easy AND less brake wear as I was no longer stabbing the brakes to keep the nose pointed in the correct direction.

Somewhere along the way Van's switched to Matco wheels, but that presented no issues -- I had the new wheels modified before the first flight.

And of course, working with Alan is always a pleasure -- great guy, great products, great customer service.

Back