What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650 SD Card

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
I have misplaced the 2nd SD card from my Garmin GTN 650. I contacted Garmin and they gave me the part number and directed me to contact a Garmin dealer. Is there another solution or are these cards proprietary and can’t be copied?

I tried coping my current card to a blank formatted card but maybe I did something wrong cause it didn’t work.

The software is up to date so just looking for a way to update the frequent navigation databases.

Last edited:
GTN 650 SD card

Todd,

Do you have the software updates and the database updates on different sd cards?

I think I’ve been trying to use too large of an SD card, as you’ve pointed out in similar posts I need to stick with 8GB cards

Todd,

Do you have the software updates and the database updates on different sd cards?

I think I’ve been trying to use too large of an SD card, as you’ve pointed out in similar posts I need to stick with 8GB cards

Yes. I have 2 dedicated cards for my 28-day database subscription and use a 3rd card for the once in a blue moon software update.

Back