What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nexus 7

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
Has anyone here been able to link the wifi NAV info from the NavWorx ADS-B box to an Android device? - Nexus 7 in my case. I'm using WingX Pro and get nothing. It is receiving the wifi signal, but the GPS position, traffic, weather, etc is not briefing received. It works on my iPad, also running WingX Pro, to show traffic and weather, but I'd rather use the smaller and brighter Nexus in my RV4. Thinking about trying Foreflight instead, but not sure if that will work either.

Thanks

yeah, I would like to try foreflight on my Nexus 7 but I can't find the app for it. I don't think it's avail. Garmin finally delivered the Nearest feature on the Garmin Pilot this week which is a nice bump.

Has anyone here been able to link the wifi NAV info from the NavWorx ADS-B box to an Android device? - Nexus 7 in my case. I'm using WingX Pro and get nothing. It is receiving the wifi signal, but the GPS position, traffic, weather, etc is not briefing received. It works on my iPad, also running WingX Pro, to show traffic and weather, but I'd rather use the smaller and brighter Nexus in my RV4. Thinking about trying Foreflight instead, but not sure if that will work either.

Thanks
I am having the same issue with my SAMSUNG S2 tablet with FltPlanGo on the Dynon WIFI. The tablet settings show it connected to the WIFI but the FltPlanGo APP doesn't connect to the Dynon.

:(

Last edited:
nexus 7

I'm using the nexus and I also have a navworx and it works great on my ifly 720 and nexus tablet with ifly software installed. Maybe there is some kind of configuration you must do. When I had skyradar for adsb weather it worked great on the ifly but I never did get it talking to the nexus.

Scott,
I have used a Nexus 7 running Avare without problems but lately I find it more convenient to display traffic on the map function on my GRT sport. Avare is a terrific app for the Nexus but it is currently used as a backup.
Val K.
RV-8

NavWorx and Android

I really have to get a new android device and play with this stuff. In the meantime:

The NavWorx ADS600-EXP defaults to outputing GDL90 protocol on port 43211. This is compatible with WingXPro and a number of Android based apps. ForeFlight looks on port 4000 but I believe FF only runs on iOS Apple devices right now. To change the NavWorx box to send on port 4000, go into the ADS600Config app (using your, gulp, apple device) and change the port in advanced settings.

Since the only case I can think of to change the port is if you are running ForeFlight, those that want to try this will have an apple device to run the config tool.

Scott, your WingX Pro should work out of the box. Make sure you are connecting your Nexus to the NavWorxAP WiFi or it won't work.

Neil,
That may be the problem - I haven't been able to find the app and load it on my Nexus 7, but it does link to to the NavWorx wifi just fine - just doesn't show anything on WingX Pro. And I couldn't configure the NavWorx on my iPad or iPhone because I'm running the latest iOS software, and the Apple configuration app doesn't work with this version (although the NavWorx links with and works fine with this same iPad in flight running the WingX Pro app). I had to borrow a friend's PC laptop to configure mine. If there is some way of loading a NavWorx app on the Nexus, please let me know.

Last edited:
Back