What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV7 Panel w/G3X

Walt

Well Known Member
Another great looking panel leaves the shop :D

2020060516553299--6929272190646584554-IMG_1038_heic-XL.jpg

And a quick sub panel shot:

2020060516553299-5487165989562480702-IMG_1042_heic-L.jpg

Manual trim?

So with the manual trim, does the G3X provide trim up/down indicators so that the pilot can make the necessary manual trim adjustments?

Of course another work of art. It looks great!

So with the manual trim, does the G3X provide trim up/down indicators so that the pilot can make the necessary manual trim adjustments?

Yes it does.

Beautiful panel Walt! I also have manual trim with my Dual AFS 5600T setup and it provides an out of trim arrow when manual trimming is needed. An Andair fuel valve would be a nice touch.

Sweet looking stuff! I took my RV9A into Brant Aero (home airport at Brantford, Ontario CYFD) today for a brand new panel. G3X touch and new radio to be installed. Very exciting to hang out on this forum!

seen this on a few panels

Walt, since you do so many of these.

To where and how do you re Reroute the canopy eject cable/handle to put the G5 in the center stack? I have seen this on a few Tippers but I couldn't find the handle.

Your panels are an inspiration
icon14.gif

I think you've mentioned in the past that you use Honeywell TL series switches. Do they all come with the red base(?) or is that a certain model?
I also like those stick grips. Model? Comm, trim and ?

Last edited:
Panel Height

Walt
Nice panel.
Do these use a taller panel than stock? It seems there is plenty of room for switches underneath the screens.

Walt, since you do so many of these.

To where and how do you re Reroute the canopy eject cable/handle to put the G5 in the center stack? I have seen this on a few Tippers but I couldn't find the handle.

I took the tube out and you can see the little tang I made hanging out the hole where I screwed it to the panel, so it still relatively easy to use when removing the canopy. If you think you're gonna need that handle to eject the canopy and parachute to safety maybe you need a Cirrus.

Your panels are an inspiration
icon14.gif

I think you've mentioned in the past that you use Honeywell TL series switches. Do they all come with the red base(?) or is that a certain model?
I also like those stick grips. Model? Comm, trim and ?

Yes Honeywell TL, the 'red' you see is the dust cover built into the switch.
Grips were Tosten military style. PTT, trim (future as this AC has manual trim), AP disconnect.

Walt
Nice panel.
Do these use a taller panel than stock? It seems there is plenty of room for switches underneath the screens.

This one is stock height which I always try to use to provide leg room. It is a snug fit between the screens and switches but it works fine..

Last edited:
Back