What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak upgrade

kaweeka

Well Known Member
Just a quick note in case anyone is interested in going the same route. I wanted to upgrade my Digitrak to the Vision (both TruTrak products) so I would have vertical guidance and altitude pre-select. The folks at TruTrak were great, got a very nice deal in an exchange program. Once I got the unit, I called the folks at SteinAir who put their heads together and made an adapter harness to connect the existing 15 pin Digitrak with the new 21 pin Vision, preserving all of the functionality of the Vision. This made short work of upgrading.

Just wondering

Did you discuss the new product that they just announced. Very few details out there. I have been looking at the Vizion upgrade as well but was curious about the new technology in the ECO?

I would want to link it to my existing GRT set up. Currently have pictoral pilot and Altrak that both work great.

Did you discuss the new product that they just announced. Very few details out there. I have been looking at the Vizion upgrade as well but was curious about the new technology in the ECO?

I would want to link it to my existing GRT set up. Currently have pictoral pilot and Altrak that both work great.

I was at the "unveiling" of the ECO product.

Pretty cool stuff. I think it originated at iLevil (I was there as a "guest" with Ananda, daughter of company founder and chief just about everything there, I think. :)

The product looks to be GREAT for small planes and a low cost option for people that want "just the basics ma'am, just the basics". What was advertised, it seemed to do well in the demo.

The basic idea though is a small trim servo for adjusting what the plane does. Clearly there will be some limitations with such an approach and thus a continued need for the "traditional" Trutrak products (or other servos etc.).

In your case, I would either take advantage of one of the great Trutrak upgrades or sell what I have and purchase the GRT servos. In either case, I think that you would be much better off, assuming you are flying an RV.

Just my opinion. I am sure the folks at Trutrak or iLevil will correct me if I am wrong (as the SHOULD!). :)

James

Back