What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back to the Brothers

Tony_T

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday was one of those fabulous Pacific Northwest days where you can see 100+ miles:
P1040035_edited-1-L.jpg

In my previous post "A Short Hop to the Brothers..." visibility was restricted by clouds. Now here is that mountain on a CAVU day:
P1040011-L.jpg

Higher peak in the background is Mount Olympus. I am at 9500' here and near my Sport Pilot altitude limit so I didn't try to venture back there at least from this vantage point.

Heading around to get a look at the back side of the mountain:
P1040024-L.jpg

This is the "back" west side:
P1040026-L.jpg

There are some great small towns where living is good. This is little Allyn which lies on a finger of Puget Sound. There is a city dock to walk after you get a great Mexican dinner in town. Up on the hill behind the town are nice homes on a nine-holer:
P1040038_edited-1-L.jpg

Bremerton airport (PWT), my base, is a short distance away:
IMG_0238edit1-L.jpg

Yeah, it rains a lot here, but life is good.

Tony

Sure is beautiful there...but like you say, so much rain. Not sure I could deal with it but I often think about it. :)

It's not the rain..

I think you'll find that other places actually get more rain on an annual basis so it's really not the rain, it's the low overcast that gets us!

Very nice pics...

Neat to see PSNY in the background of the last shot. My old ship (USS Long Beach (CGN-9)) - or what's left of her - is moored pierside there. Sad to see that grand old lady reach such an ignominious end. <sigh>

Back