What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Andair fuel selector valve setup

Kenny Gene

Well Known Member
Guys,

I'm going changing out the original Van's fuel selector valve for the Andair and I'm not for sure which Andair valve and extension is needed, I really don't want to tear down my tunnel to measure to order, so if someone has installed the Andair fuel system and has the numbers, Please post or PM.

Because of the time and freight from Andair in ENGLAND, I want to measure twice and cut once, however, it appears I'm too lazy to dismantle my tunnel to measure myself,, well,, at least I'm honest abut it!!

Many thanks.

Kenny Gene
Rv 10 484TC 205 hrs

Guys,

I'm going changing out the original Van's fuel selector valve for the Andair and I'm not for sure which Andair valve and extension is needed, I really don't want to tear down my tunnel to measure to order, so if someone has installed the Andair fuel system and has the numbers, Please post or PM.

Because of the time and freight from Andair in ENGLAND, I want to measure twice and cut once, however, it appears I'm too lazy to dismantle my tunnel to measure myself,, well,, at least I'm honest abut it!!

The short answer is yes you'll need the extension. How much depends on how old is your fuselage kit. For the current kits you'll just need 3-4". The older kits the valve was mounted higher in the tunnel. A 6" extension should be fine.

As to which valve, you can use the wizard on their site to determine with type of connections you prefer. They have quite a few. I don't have the part number I ordered handy.

Kenny,

Curious if you have a leak or something wrong with it? I keep a spare valve with fittings ready to go at the hanger. No problems so far at 85 hrs.

My current kit valve is not leaking, it's jus I liked the smooth action of my Andair fuel valve in my 7a. My opinion is the kit valve is "clunky" and after 200 and some odd hours, I'm going to change it.

Thanks for the replies.

Kenny Gene
Rv 7a 294TC AWC 9-07 (690 hrs) sold 11-11
Rv 10 484TC AWC 10-10 (200 plus hrs)

No extension

Why bother with an extension?
Since you are replacing Van's valve which is mounted to the lid on the tunnel why would you you want to mount the Andair lower in the tunnel with an extension?
Mine is mounted to the lid and this way there is room to accommodate the heater hose for the rear seats.

Why bother with an extension?
Since you are replacing Van's valve which is mounted to the lid on the tunnel why would you you want to mount the Andair lower in the tunnel with an extension?
Mine is mounted to the lid and this way there is room to accommodate the heater hose for the rear seats.

Same here, works great. Just route your heater hose below the valve, making sure the hose doesn't rub on the rudder cables.

-Rob

Same here, works great. Just route your heater hose below the valve, making sure the hose doesn't rub on the rudder cables.

-Rob

We installed our Andair higher up too. We put some fire-sleeve around the fuel lines where the scat tube passes through to protect them. You may consider purchasing a swivel T fitting from vans: http://vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?ident=1349528274-106-258&browse=hardware&product=F-Swivel-Tee

More resources:
http://www.deemsrv10.com/37-2&3.htm

Last edited:
Back