What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headliner

ddnebert

Well Known Member
I wish I had smoothed out the edges of the cabin top before permanently affixing it to the fuselage, since now as a flying plane the idea of sanding fiberglass is not an attractive one. A padded headliner would be a great option.

I am curious what options there are for covering the interior of the cabin top with a padded fabric liner, what one uses for adhesive and trim. I have seen what looks like rubber seal in the window frames and would like to hear what others have used.

Doug.

New headliner

I would like to let everyone know that Aerosport Products will be taking orders for Our new fiberglass headliners within the next week. We have a few final details to work out. These headliners will be light weight fiberglass that you will need to do some simple trimming And fitting to install. They are designed to be held in with Velcro, rear bulk head cover, front Shoulder belt attach bolt and our interior side panels if you have but not necessary. It is designed To be covered with automotive headliner material which comes in many different colors. This is a thin foamed Back material the wraps the fiberglass piece very easily. You could also use a material of your choice. We will have a video on how to wrap your fiberglass parts once trimmed to fit. At this time this is designed Just to cover from the back of the door back. See photos. You will not need to have a overhead console To install. We will offer it as a one piece or 2 piece option for people without overhead consoles. It also Trims the window opening out very nice. This can be installed in flying aircraft as well.
For more Information please contact Aerosport Products
http://aerosportproducts.com
See Link below for more photos

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/L5LenCCI/1/3161550

0_0_345eba3ad1112f721c7ec1cfebc076bb_1

Sure do wish those were available when I was doing my headliner------probably could have saved a bucket full of $$$

SWEET Geoff!

Another Excellent looking product that will make our 10's look even better,, Nice Job!
Thanks Geoff.

Kenny Gene
294TC Rv7a AWC 9-07 590 hrs
484TC RV10 AWC 10-30-10 First Flight?

Geoff, what is the material around the window opening, is it a Mcmaster Carr product, or rubber material? Does it clamp on or glue on?

Dave

Rubber edge guard

Geoff:

Can you be more specific as to where one gets this and its part number? I was looking for something similar, too.

Back