What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Go Pro Hero 8

ALagonia

Well Known Member
Just got one of these today. Any suggestions on where to mount, how to mount and what mount to use? I have a 9. This is new stuff for me.

Last edited:
A cheap way to mount under the wing is buy a cheap tie down ring from your local hardware store and put a sticky mount on it, then use epoxy for additional strength. Did this on my 8 and it worked fine.

A cheap way to mount under the wing is buy a cheap tie down ring from your local hardware store and put a sticky mount on it, then use epoxy for additional strength. Did this on my 8 and it worked fine.
Not sure I follow. Do you have a picture?

I believe the tie down threads are common to the larger camera tripod. B&H Photo makes one that converts to the smaller camera mount thread and they are inexpensive and strong. Then just a lock washer to set the aim point of the camera.

Or I could mount it on my wing for you ;-)

I've been playing with various locations and mounts, both inside and out, to see what views I like and where the vibration is less. With the 8, you have the advantage of exceptional stabilization whereas my Hero 3+ has none. I found that good quality mounts make a huge difference. While the adhesive mounts will hold, they can vibrate. With you, that might not be an issue. Good mounts are not cheap but not outrageous either. Try www.flightflix.com as an example of someone who has good knowledge and products. I currently have a mount up on the vertical stab, one under the left wingtip and one on top of the right wingtip. Additionally, you can mount to the support in the windscreen and suction to the canopy. PM if you want to discuss or you want some pictures of my mounts.
David

Back