What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy ready made fiberglass question

74Papa

Greetings,

Last week I ran across someone who apparently is making the fiberglass section for the slider canopy. It appeared already made to fit and attach to the canopy. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the site.

Does anyone know about this AND can anyone comment on this product?

As always - Thanks,

Danny

Found it... Aircraft Spruce makes it

I found the RV canopy ready made piece. Aircraft Spruce sells it for $513.00. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Danny

Yes I installed the faring as you have described. But I purchased it from the maker who is in California. I think it is the same as the one that Spruce sells, but I am not sure.
I tried to find the web site but was unable, however I have the paper work at home in Indiana. I am in Florida now but will be home the first of the month. I can look and try to e-mail you the web address.
E-mail me at soon so I can keep it and not forget.

I like the faring and it looks good.
Sincerely,
Dave O
[email protected]

As mentioned the company in California supplies Aircraft Spruce with this,and I used it on my slider.

It comes as one piece and oversized so requires trimming to fit, I found I had to cut a section out of it and join it back together.

Because of this it was as much work as a normal fiberglass layup and was not impressed with how it turned out. In the end I threw it out and made the rear and side skirts out of Aluminium as per the plans. So no time saving here.

Fiberglass

I bought both the canopy piece and the windshield piece. It required a lot of work to make it fit. Had I known this beforehand, I had made my own...

Anyone have a link or part number for this? I tried searching Spruce's site for canopy fairing and got zip.

Thanks!

If you want to make your own, it's not that hard. The step-by-step instructions can be found here (http://www.pflanzer-aviation.com/Rocket/Canopy5.html)

Yes, it's for a Rocket but it works on any of the RV's.

Canopy69.jpg
Canopy70.jpg

Canopy71.jpg
Canopy76.jpg

Back