What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mesa (KIWA) for RV's Info

Kenny Gene

Well Known Member
We are heading out to Phoenix for a few days and some friends are flying commerical into Mesa,, I've never landed there,, any helpful hints?? GA tie down area for a couple of days?
Thanks
Kenny Gene

We go there for fuel alot, huge ramp area, full service FBO, friendly tower folks, you should not have any problems at all.....(good cafe there too). Hope this helps, Glenn

Thank You

Thank you so much for the reply from someone that has landed and been there, done that.

Do you know if there is an overnight charge for tie down? (Some will waive this if you purchase fuel also, which I will) I didn't see anything on airnav.

Kenny Gene
294TC RV7a AWC 9-7-07 594 hrs
484TC RV10 AWC 10-30-10,,Getting ready for first flight

I'm sorry Kenny, I don't know, I am usually passing through on a fuel stop with my work helicopter, but I am sure one of the PHX area folks will chime in with an answer, or the AFD might tell you. Good luck, Glenn

See here:

According to this site http://www.phxmesagateway.org/FBO.aspx there is a tiedown fee, waived with fuel. Not sure how many nights waived, you might want to call them 480-988-7700.

Its a big facility (three LONG runways, and ILS and all the stuff you would expect from a former military base). But its underutilized. Good service and friendly folks in my experience.

Thank you so much for the reply from someone that has landed and been there, done that.

Do you know if there is an overnight charge for tie down? (Some will waive this if you purchase fuel also, which I will) I didn't see anything on airnav.

Kenny Gene
294TC RV7a AWC 9-7-07 594 hrs
484TC RV10 AWC 10-30-10,,Getting ready for first flight

Back