What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 14A breather vent?

larrys

Well Known Member
Building an RV14A and I put the breather tube down the firewall as per plan. the tube (about 5/8") has a 90 degree bend on the top attached to the Lycoming 390.

But right above the oil filter, near the vent hose pointing directly to the firewall is another, what looks to be a vent. It is about 3/4" and looks to accept a hose.

Where can I find it on the plan? Should it get an oil/water spectator? Should have been supplied?

I am grateful for the help!
Thanks, Larry

Last edited:
Building an VR14A and I put the breather tube down the firewall as per plan. the tube (about 5/8") has a 90 degree bend on the top attached to the Lycoming 390.

But right above the oil filter, near the vent hose pointing directly to the firewall is another, what looks to be a vent. It is about 3/4" and looks to accept a hose.

Where can I find it on the plan? Should it get an oil/water spectator? Should have been supplied?

I am grateful for the help!
Thanks, Larry

Check Section 43: Engine Installation pages 43-01 and 43-05 for item callouts. I can only think of the Tach drive that would be pointed at the firewall and above the oil filter. There is the Upper oil port that is above right of the left mag and filter that point to the rear.

Thanks,

Thanks you!!
I do not know how I missed such a large part of the plan, clear as day. It looks like I need to order the cap.
Larry

Check Section 43: Engine Installation pages 43-01 and 43-05 for item callouts. I can only think of the Tach drive that would be pointed at the firewall and above the oil filter. There is the Upper oil port that is above right of the left mag and filter that point to the rear.

Back