What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pictures of RV Cargo

AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
Greetings all -

I posted a thread last year about what sorts of stuff I haul in the RV. I didn't put any pictures in then, so I thought it might be an interesting thread to start now. Here's today's cargo (pail of lead wheel weights, plus another one just behind the seat).

Lead%20wheel%20weights.jpg

i'd want a lid on that in case of any bumps or unexpected rough air, that could be a mess

Yeah, I thought about that too. It was a 10 minute return flight, and air on the way over was relatively smooth.

However, in 1200+ hours of flying the plane, I've only had a true negative g turbulence event once or twice. You know, the kind that lofts stuff in the cabin up in the air. And, those were not surprises, as the air nearby wasn't exactly smooth... Flying in wind over mountainous terrain is a different animal...

Greetings all -

I posted a thread last year about what sorts of stuff I haul in the RV. I didn't put any pictures in then, so I thought it might be an interesting thread to start now. Here's today's cargo (pail of lead wheel weights, plus another one just behind the seat).

Lead%20wheel%20weights.jpg

Fishing weight or cast bullets. I pay about $20 for that around here.

Strange Cargo

Delivered a casement window a while back. A tire today. Not as exotic as owls, hawks and turtles but the utility is great. My flight bag and travel tools are stuffed into the tire.

Tire%20Flight-L.jpg

Shaka Brah

Aric caught me leaving work early for the beach a couple weeks ago :cool:

I'll either need to build a surfboard tube into my -6, or start working on a folding surfboard...

Surprisingly, I have fit the super short board in there (under the crossmember, with passenger seat and stick removed).

Last edited:
Captain John was hauling roof trusses to his ranch in Maine the other day. Modification of rear bulkhead required :D

Cargo

We managed to get all this and 2 kids in the -10 for our trip to see the eclipse last year.

i-KfNNv6s-L.jpg

Not an RV, but I strapped a full keg (15.5 gallons) of beer in the back seat of my 170 and flew it into my own bachelor party.

Back