What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annual Inspection Checklist

Capflyer

Well Known Member
Well....it's been a fantastic year and I have loved every moment of the 165hrs put on my RV in its first year. At the end of November it will be time to take her down for the first annual.

It would be great to follow a checklist to be sure I get everything covered and while doing the first one, take the list and customize it to my plane. Would any of you care to share your annual inspection checklists?

Thanks in advance.

I got you covered!

Here comes a checklist I use for annuals. The only thing it does not have on it is fuel injectors. Make sure you check the lines for a max bend radius of 5/8 inch on the inside of the bend(lyc). Also... if you put the injectors in a cleaner like they use for jewelry (electrosonic) then don't let the cleaner material come in contact with any water. Also on the injector, make sure you don't drop any small parts out of the injector or the fuel pressure gauge will act like it's a pinched line. On a cautious note, I always have someone double check my work even though I hold the IA ticket, I hope everyone else does the same.... If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have for free.
PS.... If anybody else wants the checklist, I email it for free!
Best
Brian Wallis
404-405-1315

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

I would like to have a copy of you checklist also. Thanks.

I'm about 4 months away form first flight... RV7 IO-375 c/s w/dual GRT HX, TT GSGV and lightspeed ign.

Gerry Hatch

beaut!

I've emailed everybody up to this post.... keep the requests coming and I'll keep emailing them for free!
Best
Brian Wallis

ps..... the file shows the top to say "Page two" The page one part is where you put the tail number etc..... it is not included in the file

Last edited:
WOW!

Lots of demand I see(tons of personal email requests). I apologize for some initial confusion, the "page one" was just the tail number/hobbs etc... page. I've emailed everyone up to here, including all my PM's. Somehow I emailed a person or two without the attachment, I must of hit the send key without letting it load all the way. I apologize. If you did not get the attachment, please let me know. I'll email as many copies as I get requests for so keep sending in requests... Big thanks to the guys and gals that enclosed their email address to me so I did not have to go looking up info in the profile pages.... so... anybody want to sell their RV-3 to me? I'll trade you a checklist :)
Best
Brian Wallis

Last edited:
No Pierre....

Pierre, I must take issue with your statement... You are the man... not me. I cannot thank you enough for taking my girlfriend for a ride in your RV.... big thanks also for taking Robin for a ride in your RV (as well as myself). Also I'd like to publicly thank you for being a transition trainer for all these people building RV's! I'm having a hard time filling your shoes...... :) If anybody wants top notch training, then Pierre truly is the man! Pierre does not brag about his time, so when I asked somebody about his flight time I got quite a surprise. I did not know Bazillion was a real number, however I've been assured by locals (other than himself) of him logging 1.3 Bazillion hours as a pilot. He's certainly smooth enough to prove it! :) He is who I send all my friends to for transition training. He knows his RV inside and out.

Last edited:
complete up to here

I've sent everyone (including request made up to 13:05 EST to my private email or PM box) the checklist... keep em coming and I'll keep sending them!
Best
Brian

Me Too Please

Thanks for what you are doing... send a copy to me too please...

mustang @ daedalusaircraft.com

Thanks,

John

I've sent everyone (including request made up to 13:05 EST to my private email or PM box) the checklist... keep em coming and I'll keep sending them!
Best
Brian

time to make the donuts....(old commercial reference)

Time is 20:40 EST, all request have been filled to this point(all posted requests, pm's and private emails), keep sending in the requests and I'll keep sending out the checklists gentlemen and ladies. I'm here for you all... all you have to do is ask.
Best
Brian Wallis

Last edited:
Check List

Hi Brian -

Although I'm a way from needing the checklist, like a good Eagle Scout I want to be prepared. Can you please e-mail me at DJFogarty at AOL dot Com?

Many thanks and bye for now -

Another one

After reading all of the "Me Too's" I would like to be able to say something different. But-- "Me Too"
Zspivey at Bellsouth.net

Here comes a checklist I use for annuals. The only thing it does not have on it is fuel injectors. Make sure you check the lines for a max bend radius of 5/8 inch on the inside of the bend(lyc). Also... if you put the injectors in a cleaner like they use for jewelry (electrosonic) then don't let the cleaner material come in contact with any water. Also on the injector, make sure you don't drop any parts or the fuel pressure gauge will act like it's a pinched line. On a cautious note, I always have someone double check my work even though I hold the IA ticket, I hope everyone else does the same.... If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have for free.
PS.... If anybody else wants the checklist, I email it for free!
Best
Brian Wallis
404-405-1315

This is the first time I've looked at this thread so guess I'm a little late.

Brian, why don't you just post your checklist and make it a sticky in this forum?

Checklist

This is the first time I've looked at this thread so guess I'm a little late.

Brian, why don't you just post your checklist and make it a sticky in this forum?

Brian:

Nice to have met you at KAJR Habersham County Airport a while back when you flew in with the Jackson County Sunday Lunch Bunch. I too would like to compare your RV Inspection Checklist with the one I have already and combine/compare the two to make a better one that fits my RV-8.

Send me one off line when you have a chance, and I think Sam's suggestion for a "stickey" is a good idea.

Thanks!

Back