What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KRIU $25 Piston Single Landing Fee.

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Something I figured every pilot would want to know.

I already know the cheapest thing about flying is the pilot. Now you know why I will not land at this airport.

Was any rationale posted for this? I landed at Jackson Hole once and there was a $25 landing fee which was "waived with a fill up of fuel" so I topped up about 8 gallons and got away without paying the landing fee. Of course the fuel was expensive but cheaper than the landing fee.

I fly out of the Lincoln, Ca. Airport. KRIU is about a 10 minute flight from the Lincoln Airport in my RV6a. The Lincoln airport is a public airport,owned by the City of Lincoln. For the past several months, I have been attending public meetings of the Lincoln Airport Advisory Committee. At the last meeting, a few days ago, the committee mentioned that they are thinking of charging a "gate access fee". This will presumbly be used to pay for installation of card readers at the four access gates. Currently, we have key pads. In addition, the committee once again mentioned that they are seriously considering maintenance fees and other charges to be added to our monthly rent. As far as I know, no other public airport in Northern Ca. charges fees in addition to the monthly rent. When questioned about these proposed additional fees, the standard committee response is " this is how we are going to make the airport profitable". So, how many of you are charged additional fees on top of your rent? Thanks for your answers. Bruce Estes

Back