What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ron Alexander

Ron- a gentleman!

See Aircraft Spruce Website-Type in Ron Alexander in the search box

Ron had 20+ articles on homebuilding.

++++++++++++++=

Home - Kits & Plans - Perspectives on Homebuilding

THE RON ALEXANDER STORY BY RON ALEXANDER

Ron was a visionary and very active in establishing a youth apprenticeship program at his airport, Peachstate Aerodrome. http://www.peachstateaero.com

A number of our RV group have helped mentor youth there.

book

I have Ron's book about painting.
It helped me learn the basics and more before painting my plane.
Take off engine troubles are the worst place to happen.
RIP Mr. Alexander.
Thoughts and prayer going out for the family!

I was happy and privileged to call Ron a friend and was completely saddened to hear this news last night.

Ron created the SportAir Workshop program that so many of us have benefited from. The workshops ended up being sold to EAA, but Ron was involved along the way, and when I worked at EAA and headed up the program, I was able to visit Ron, have lunch with him at his fantastic bar & grill, Barnstormers, and get a feel for his aviation passion and longing to share it with as many people as possible.

RIP Ron, you will be missed.

Ron did more to promote aviation than anyone else that I know. He also was very involved in getting youth involved in aviation. He was a great friend of EAA690 and did DC3 rides with the chapter regularly. His passing is devastating to us all.

I was also shocked and saddened by this news. My son and I had many enjoyable flights and meals at Peach State. I never personally met Ron but did see him there occasionally. We used to look at the Jenny as it was under construction, beautiful woodwork. :(

Witness accounts but unconfirmed by authorities

A witness told me that he had spoken to Ron and two FAA inspectors who had come to town for recurrent training in Ron's DC-3 while at Falcon Field. After that flight they went the 28 miles to Peachstate for Jenny rides. Another witness said the Jenny caught fire on takeoff and Ron had to take it into trees.

Back