What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P mag switches

Rv8bill

Is anyone using a push button to disconnect the battery power from the P mags in order to verify internal alternator operation? I know some folks simply pull the circuit breaker but for aesthetic purposes and functionality I am considering a momentary OFF button to open the circuit. Just curious to know if the folks who might be using this are happy with it.

Is anyone using a push button to disconnect the battery power from the P mags in order to verify internal alternator operation? I know some folks simply pull the circuit breaker but for aesthetic purposes and functionality I am considering a momentary OFF button to open the circuit. Just curious to know if the folks who might be using this are happy with it.

Functionality (reliability) will be better with fewer components in the system. Skip the switch - use the breaker.

I have switches for on-off with test buttons beneath them. The test buttons are cross wired so I turn off the A switch then push the button underneath it to kill power to the B system.

Back