What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Leaking Water Pump 912ULS

mwjohn63

My friend Joe (based at my same airport) has, what looks like, a leaking water pump seal after just over 80 hrs. on the engine. He's talked to Lockwood and sounds like the engine will need to come out to replace the seal. He thought, since everything is out, that he might as well change the top engine mount stand-off (WD-01221-1)...unfortunately, it looks like a 6 month wait list. Anyone out there with the new mount that isn't planning on replacing it anytime soon or getting to that point in the build? Hate to see him miss the whole flying season.
Thanks,
MJ

Unless the WD-1221 mount is cracked, the SB states you only have to do a 100 hour inspection after the initial check. No reason to be down for 6 months waiting for the updated part if it is not cracked.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

You might find a hose leak at the water pump instead of shaft seal. Water pump has a boat-load of hoses connected...

Unless the WD-1221 mount is cracked, the SB states you only have to do a 100 hour inspection after the initial check. No reason to be down for 6 months waiting for the updated part if it is not cracked.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Yeah, that my be where he ends up. He just thought since it was open that it made sense to replace if he could find one available.
MJ

I have shown a small drip at the weephole on my Rotax 912uls for 700hrs. The engine uses no coolant. The drip signifies that coolant is present.

Back