What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Different Fuel Injections?

swisseagle

Well Known Member
Hello All

I'm still building, but I'm interested in engine options now and hope someone can give me more information. I'm looking for an IO-360.

There are a few different Fuel Injection supplier:

- Precision/Bendix

- SilverHawk EX

- Airflow Performance

I think they do nearly all the same, but they for sure have differences. One is the huge price difference, but is there also a huge quality difference? I could not found anything on the Net and hope one of you can bring some light into the dark :confused:

Thanks alot!

Dominik
RV-7A, Wings
Switzerland

Dominik,
The Precision/Bendix system and the Precision SilverHawk system are exactly the same thing except the SilverHawk components are marked for experimental use only. Same quality, same parts just less product liability and then less cost. That is the reason for the price difference. The Airflow system functions pretty much the same as the Precision Bendix or SilverHawk system but is made by a different company. Most of those systems are experimental as well, but there are a couple of certified installations as well. Pricewise the SilverHawk system by Precision and the Airflow system end up being about the same, when it is all said and done. The certified Precision system is a lot more money.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Thanks Mahlon for the informations!

I also join the XP360 group, you wrote nearly half of the answertreads! Huge amount of information.

There are a few 1000 rivets to bang until I have to decide the engine question. One for sure, I will contact you.

Thanks and regards,

Dominik

Back