What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Android Display for the Cockpit?

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
Any thoughts on the most cockpit readable Android displays? I am considering the 7" Samsung Galaxy.
Ed

My 8" Galaxy S2 has been excellent. Its getting a little long in the tooth now, but still runs FltPlanGo perfectly. I'd like to upgrade it but haven't researched what the current 7-8" screen tablet market is like right now.

Galaxy good

Ed,

I have 2 of the Samsung Galaxy 7". I bought 2 because of all the reports of tablets overheating. In 400 hours of flying, I have never had an overheating issue. Overall, I'm very pleased with battery life, screen glare, connectivity to Stratus 3i, and brightness. I keep a large backup battery in the bag and use often when I have a quick turn around on longer days of flying.

Take care, Sam

My 8" Galaxy S2 has been excellent. Its getting a little long in the tooth now, but still runs FltPlanGo perfectly. I'd like to upgrade it but haven't researched what the current 7-8" screen tablet market is like right now.

+1 for the superb 8" Galaxy S2. I have a 128GB SD card for data so I "shouldn't" need an upgrade for a while.

:cool:

I did not want a large backup navigation display inside the RV-12, so I elected to use an 8" ASUS ZenPad Z8 with built in LTE. Readability inside the cockpit is very good. My main aviation apps are Garmin Pilot and FltPlanGo, both apps run just fine on the ASUS without any issues.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Samsung S2. The 8" screen is a perfect size, and has never been a challenge from a cockpit viewabilty standpoint. I'm running FltPlanGO and it does so without any troubles.

Back