What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GoPro mount for windshield brace tube?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Anyone have recommendations for a GoPro mount to the windshield center brace tube of a slider? I bought one of the tube mounts from MyPilotPro at OSH. But the brace tube is just a little bit narrower than the narrowest dimension the mount will clamp to.

I used one of the bike mounts but it ended up being a bit kludgy to get the camera oriented correctly. I will see if I can find it and post a photo. If you want it you can have it as I now use the clip mount on the edge of the dash (GoPro 9).
Biggest issue I have found is actually remembering to turn the bl@@dy camera on :eek:
Figs

Anyone have recommendations for a GoPro mount to the windshield center brace tube of a slider? I bought one of the tube mounts from MyPilotPro at OSH. But the brace tube is just a little bit narrower than the narrowest dimension the mount will clamp to.

Wrap a piece of foam or other small spacer around the tube or inside the mount.

*facepalm*. Sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face. Thank you. The mount even has neoprene spacers of differing thicknesses already, albeit for some other reason.

Wrap a piece of foam or other small spacer around the tube or inside the mount.

Back