What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What switches?

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Planning my panel and having trouble finding switches. Illuminated by led, prefer. Vertical power, so low amps. What have you guys used?

Just me

In the spam can I fly, i always had a hard time reading the switches at night. So for my plane, i plan to use the AML24 and 34 from Steinair with illuminated covers. This way switches can be read without the panel lights illuminating them. The AML 24 are only rated for 2 amps, so I had to use a relay and the GEA Garmin box for everything else. The AML34 are rated higher due to the simplier mechanism.

Last edited:
Garmin box

The Garmin box, GEA24 I think has dimmer circuits incorporated inside to allow dimming.

But fair warning, the AML24. /. 34 are hard to get right now.

Unlighted

Those are unlighted. The lighted ones seems to be out of stock, with a date of june for some of them.

Those are unlighted. The lighted ones seems to be out of stock, with a date of june for some of them.

Respectfully, please check the DS -- the AML34FBA4AC01 doesn't include a bulb, but you can install one.

A - No Bulb Installed
B - 6v
C - 14v
E - 28v

Howdy Scott. I just received my VP-X Pro and have been reading the rather extensive installation manual on their website. In case you are not aware: be advised that any lighted switches must have the switch circuit and light circuit separate. Plus each lighted switch needs a diode installed.

Online manual, page 42, section 5.21B.

Great place to Purchase AML24GBA2AA01 Switches while they last!

Hello everyone,

I found a person on the west coast that has about 300 AML24GBA2AA01 switches for sale. I received one on sample a few months ago and just placed an order for 32 (2 of us are building).

These are rocker switches with the following specs:
  • On-none-On 2 position rocker
  • 2 Amp DC rating at 28 Volts
  • 2 individual light circuits with removeable lamps - buy your own LED or Incandescent - no lamps supplied
  • Single Pole double throw
  • No rocker cover - caps can be purchase and engraved using https://www.engravers.net/aml-info.html
  • Black Bezel
  • Faston spade connections with silver plated contacts

Lamps can be found on multiple sites in multiple colors. I bought mine from Mouser: 560-LE-0504-01W for about $1.57 each.

You can order off his eBay listing by clicking here.

I am not associated with this person but I wanted to pass on information on switches that are usually expensive and hard to find available.

Enjoy.

Michael

Howdy Scott. I just received my VP-X Pro and have been reading the rather extensive installation manual on their website. In case you are not aware: be advised that any lighted switches must have the switch circuit and light circuit separate. Plus each lighted switch needs a diode installed.

Online manual, page 42, section 5.21B.

That only pertains to a switch that doesn't have a separate lighting circuit from the switching circuit.

Back