What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Builders Motivation

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Last Thursday was able to fly to KAQO for some famous Coopers BBQ in Llano TX. Have made this trip many times before. But, this time was special.... got to do it with 2 other RV-10 owners. Thank you Mike and Larry for a GREAT afternoon of flying and BBQ! Thought I'd post pics of the 3 planes on the ramp to give those still building their 10 motivation for the finish line. In case you're wondering, yes, all that work IS WORTH IT!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_4259.jpg
    IMG_4259.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 240
While I have a ways to go....... I have several Texas Pit BBQ places already picked out for day trips from KS. :)

Did you race?

OMG has a disadvantage without wheel pants but would be curious about two vs three blades and any other performance mods unique to each.

Dead beat dad

So will you kick me out if I show up in a 9A? After all the 7/9 series is the father of the 10; we paid the bills while the 10 was growing up.

After months of searching image files

I may have just been handed my layout inspiration: N14EW !

Not the colors but the stripe profiles. This one's going to be deep red and medium gray with black/gold pinstripe, I think.

If Stewart Systems can duplicate Mazda Soul Red 46V and my paint guy can shoot it (translucent color over aluminum metal flake) it's going down! :D

Had a great time. Thank you Randy and Larry. Let's do it again.

p.s. No objections from me if someone want's to fly along.

Hope to be there with you some day Randy if I can get this thing built. Great to meet you and your wife last yr at Oshkosh. Hope to see you again this year. Thanks for the motivation.

Last edited:
Back