What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vessel Ball Grip - Rechargeable Screwdriver No.220USB-1U 220USB1U

AV8ER

Well Known Member
This things is sweet. After learning about Vessel and the ratcheting ball grips I have stopped using the rest of my screw driver drawer. Now I found this beast! At 17 lbf.in it has enough power and speed to get the fastener up to the spot where I can finish torque it manually (which I usually do when using any type of electric screw driver). Its light, so light. There are two models of this, the black one and a grey one. The black one spins slower and is the one I have. I believe the grey one spins much faster and has a bit les torque.

AM-JKLV_ndENiExhG18IbCCWSF7FYT28OGptNtAS54ipNPiCWnsEWjYQDLnMzcE64AN0x5Vd-P1H8I_kcgAvVslQXKByU_tehA4we7gK2GCqXfRRby4l8yplESuX7ouM0B5PtwXLnPMql3T3XF73Gss7ND6J2g=w831-h890-

Amazon says the Grey one has 3.5 in-lb of torque, and this one has 11 in-lb. That's quite a difference!

That said, I have a cheap Black-and-Decker electric screwdriver that i've used for years... It's definitely not fast, nor does it have lots of torque. Were I do get a new one, and given the choice between speed or torque, i'd gladly take higher speed. I find the most annoying thing about it is waiting for it to spin out the screws after they're loosened. I'm not comfortable letting the motor set the final torque anyway, I want to feel that with my hand, so i'd be happy if I could spin it in fast, then do the last snugging up in fixed screwdriver mode.

Back