What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Failing AeroLEDs strobe?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Wondering if anyone else has experienced a failing AeroLEDs strobe? I have the Pulsar NSPs, and it seems the strobe part of one of the wingtip nav/strobe lights is failing. I pulled off the wingtip and connected just the strobe power and ground to my bench power supply, and the strobe works for about 30 seconds at full strength. It then intermittently (our favorite word) loses half-strength, sometimes flickers to barely visible and one strobe rather than the usual 3-strobe pattern, returns to full strength for a few patterns, etc. I can't put any pattern to it.

Sometimes, back on the wing, the whole strobe will go out, and then the green position light (which has a separate power line) will start strobing in a one-flicker pattern for a few seconds, then the strobe comes back up.

I've already checked, double, and triple-checked wiring, repinned for the heck of it, etc etc etc for shorts or anything not making solid contact between connectors.

Other ideas? Any other similar experiences?

Aero LED Strobes

I had almost the exact same problem with my Right Side unit, especially the Nav light flashing on and off faintly in sync with the faintly flashing Strobe. In my case it was a simple fix as the pins on the connector were not making positive contact when plugged in. I just pushed/pulled flexed the connector while turned on on the airplane to discover the problem. I ended up squeezing the female pins a bit and that seemed to fix the problem. The initial plugging together of the connector felt very positive but the connectors weren’t mating correctly for whatever reason. Sounds like you’ve already tried similar but that was my experience and no further issues.
Duff

Back