What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rapco linings

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I don't see Vans aircraft tires.com listing brake pads for the RV-10. I sent them a message asking if they carry them but just wandering where the RV-10 guy's get their linings now?
Thanks Ron

Rapco is apparently not making them anymore.
I bought Cleveland pads ($19/pad) ($80 for a full set! And it did not include the rivets!! from Chief in Oregon).

I see Van's has kits for $88 .I need a set and was I was planning on a spare set but?
Ron

When the Rapco pads were available they were just slightly cheaper. Little wonder they didn't sell many, they were over-priced compared to most pads.

When I bought my set it was $16 a pad with rivets and free shipping. Seems like a deal compared to $19 with no rivets and shipping fees.. Maybe it's just me?

What I was alluding to was that even at $16 they're more than twice as expensive as the Rapco pads for the other RV's.

What I was alluding to was that even at $16 they're more than twice as expensive as the Rapco pads for the other RV's.

That's because they are not used on many planes, unlike the pads for the two-seaters.

If you have an RV-10 you probably should have a spare set with you, they will not be in stock at most airports or A&P cabinets...:rolleyes:

We found this out when I had to rescue one of the first built RV-10s at Sierra Vista.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=22962&highlight=rv-10

brake pads

I found some of the 66-11200 I purchased that have the wear indicators I can sell for 13.50 each if anyone is looking for some spares. I may even have some rivets I can throw into the mix. PM me if anyone is interested.
Jesse

Back