What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Symmetrical Instrument panel

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
After numerous request I have decided to produce a Symmetrical Panel for the RV-10. This panel can accommodate two 10" Displays and one 8.5" displays if you would like. It has plenty of panel space for many different
Avionic layouts. This panel is carbon fiber as all of our other panels. They will be available to order on-line within a couple weeks. The panel has been designed to use the standard push pull engine controls or Throttle quadrant.

For more information contact Aerosport Products http://aerosportproducts.com
0_0_bee1ec5eb1307151b830b7d12f7e6e81_1

0_0_23a1f42321d1fb9a58adbf83d9eab8ae_1

0_0_c17f1e14adb5b15d48689e83f6f13336_1

Last edited by a moderator:
Will MGL Odyssey fit?

Hey Geoff,
The new panel looks great! Is there enough room to mount the MGL Odyssey with bezel dimensions of Approx. 12.5” x 8”?

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Nice Panel!

I really like the symetrical look and the room for the large screens. I can't wait to see what you have available by the time I'm ready for a panel! :(

It's a little late for me as Aerotronics will be doing my panel but I'd have loved to see something like your standard panel but with a full-width panel. In other words, just a nice border for a stock flat panel, no tilt out, and lose the key switch position or make it an insert. The reason is I'm going with the G900 but don't want the second display tilted and the Vertical Power system so I don't need the key switch. But I would like to clean up the panel edges and have a nice transition to a center console. Another option might be a piece to go along the bottom edge of a stock panel to transition the vents and your center console. Your products are nice and I will be getting a center and overhead from you but the panel designs are too specific, though very beautiful. I only mention this here because it might shake some 'me, too' type of messages from others who are panel planning for a -10.

Another item I'd like to see, though I may be the only one, is a deeper overhead console. I'm planning to modify one of yours because I need to bury my Mountain High EDS-ip O2 ports which are a little big to fit in your overhead console at 1.55" high not counting mounting points.

Dear Geoff
Please stop making cool stuff for the 10. We are over budget and have no more money to give you.

No really it looks great!

Mounting method?

Geoff -

How do your panels mount to the airplane? I can see the screws where the panel inserts mount to the carbon panel, but it isn't evident how the panel frame mounts to the airplane. Does it use the nutplates I've already installed for the flat Van's panel per the plans?

Bryan,

The installation doc for the standard panel is on the web site. Look for the "files" section. Here's a direct link.

There is an aluminum support panel that mounts to the original panel nutplates, which in turn mounts to the carbon fiber panel. The other panels are slightly different, but the installation concept is the same.

bob

p.s. you attending Airventure this year?

"After numerous requests I have decided to produce a Symmetrical Panel for the RV-10. This panel can accommodate two 10" Displays and one 8.5" displays if you would like. It has plenty of panel space for many different Avionic layouts. This panel is carbon fiber as all of our other panels. They will be available to order on-line within a couple weeks. "

Will they show up on-line before OSH?

"After numerous requests I have decided to produce a Symmetrical Panel for the RV-10. This panel can accommodate two 10" Displays and one 8.5" displays if you would like. It has plenty of panel space for many different Avionic layouts. This panel is carbon fiber as all of our other panels. They will be available to order on-line within a couple weeks. "

Will they show up on-line before OSH?

Yes!

RV-10 Carbon Fiber Symmetrical Instrument Panels

and

Aerosport Products' Home Page has OSH info.

Another option.

The guys in Big Fork, Montana adapted a Lancair panel to my -10:

Dash-10.jpg

Modular with three removable panels for access, and silkscreened/ wired by Aerotronics.

Best,

The guys in Big Fork, Montana adapted a Lancair panel to my -10: Modular with three removable panels for access, and silkscreened/ wired by Aerotronics.

Aerotronics makes great panels. Fortuantely, you no longer have to modify Lancair panels to fit an a RV-10. Why not get a panel that was designed for the RV-10? Aerotronics also sells Aerosport Products panels to their customers.

Admittedly, I'm a little biased. I would rather support a fellow RV-10 builder, now that there are choices. Having choices is a good thing for those of us still building.

bob

Back