What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kudos to Plane Innovations

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I have to post a big thank you to a good company, Plane Innovations. I bought a stainless heat valve from ACS that had engine side actuation. When I received the valve in the mail I realized that it was not going to work. The valve is in two parts that bolt together with the firewall in between. It fits the pre-cut hole in the firewall perfectly but, the RV-8 has a vertical firewall support that bisects where the interior half of the valve has to go. I wanted the flange on the inside because I want to being the heat forward to an eyeball vent, you can't do that with the cockpit side valve.

I called Paul Bowmar to get some ideas on how I might make the valve work. He offed to take the valve I bought back and he would do one for me with the interior hose flange welded to the outer part of the valve, straight exchange, just a modest shipping charge was all I paid. I had to do was open the firewall hole a bit to take the beaded flange and it worked perfectly. The outer part bolts to the firewall just like that 2 piece version but now the interior side hose flange is welded to the back side of the firewall part. I put a bead of the provided firewall sealer round the flange base and bolted it in place.

Thanks Paul for the great customer service.

igja6x.jpg

1gg95g.jpg

Plane Innovations

Following Mike's lead, I called Plane Innovations and asked for the "Mike Elliott" heater control valve for my RV-8A. Paul knew exactly what I needed and one was in my hands 2-3 days later. Easy as pie (thanks to Mike for researching this).

Paul at Plane Innovations also said the RV-8 model is often requested and he may start advertising it. He said he keeps a few on hand so they're available "off the shelf".

Plane Innovations-Awesome

I too have experienced great service from Paul Bowmar with Plane Innovations. I purchased a Plane Innovations heater control from another supplier who shipped an engine side valve in lieu of the cockpit side control valve. Only after getting frustrated trying to get the order corrected I called Paul at Plane Innovations and he graciously suggested I return the valve to him for the correct one.

Great Customer Service

I too have to jump in and say what a nice guy Paul is. I finally met him at OSH this year. I have also bought a bunch of parts form him that work great.

Back