What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Fuselage Inventory and Plans

ecurington

Well Known Member
Anybody have an electronic copy of the fuselage inventory and plans they could send me? Looking ahead.

Thanks,
Eulice Curington
RV-10 Wing Tanks
Serial # 40596

Can't help with the inventory but sign up at myrv10.com and you can get all the plans in PDF format.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade or start a copyright debate, but the document that is requested is copyrighted by Vans. There are electronic versions in circulation, but the community has been pretty diligent to ensure only those that had already purchased kits (which included the plans) had access to the electronic versions.

As the community grew, some people lost sight that the plans are intellectual property of Vans. Abuse and public distribution caused the repository operators to make them unavailable.

If you don't have the kit, please give Vans a call, they'll be happy to sell you a copy of the plans. Then delete the plans line item off your kit when you order it.

10A PLANS EMP.SET PLANS & MANUAL $22.50
10A PLANS FINISH PLANS & MANUAL $75.00
10A PLANS FUSE PLANS & MANUAL $75.00
10A PLANS TAIL CONE PLANS & MANUAL $17.50
10A PLANS WING PLANS & MANUAL $29.50

Thanks for the Info

I new that Tim used to have the plans posted on his site, but was not longer available. I did not realize that there was a copyright issue. Realy was looking at what where the fuse kit stopped and the finish kit finished. I will be able to get that info off the inventory links.

Thanks,
Eulice

The finish kit starts with Section 45, which is the assembly of the doors.

The fuselage kit ends with Section 43 (Cabin Cover) and Section 44 (Wing Attachment)

Well, since I had long ago downloaded the plans I was unaware of the brouhaha over them, sorry. I understand where Van's is coming from but, frankly, I don't see why they don't make the plans available themselves electronically for sale. l would not want to build this plane with only the paper set; I carry the digital set with me so I can read ahead while traveling, refer to the plans while at home and ordering parts or asking/answering questions here, and even sometimes at the hangar (I have a netbook there) because it's easier to handle than the book and I can blow up the drawings to see details that are small even in the print version. That said, I will respect their copyright to the extent that I will not distribute my copy of the plans. But in case a Van's Employee is monitoring this site, please pass the message that there is a potential market for an electronic version of the plans.

Back