What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LED Driver Needed?

Cleco 97

Does anyone know if a LED Driver is necessary for the combo tail LED/Strobe assembly that I have from Kuntzelman Electronics, or does it come with one installed internally?
Thanks

It does

It requires a driver, I used their system in my 7 and it worked perfectly. I have an extra tail light/strobe combo light I got as a spare if you?re interested. Let me know.

Thanks for the info, I was afraid that I would have to get one. I have the combo strobe/LED light and its installed already. Guess I just need to figure out a source for the driver and install that now. As always, thanks for helping me!

It requires a driver, I used their system in my 7 and it worked perfectly. I have an extra tail light/strobe combo light I got as a spare if you?re interested. Let me know.

Sent you a PM on your spare.

Thanks for the info, I was afraid that I would have to get one. I have the combo strobe/LED light and its installed already. Guess I just need to figure out a source for the driver and install that now. As always, thanks for helping me!

The strobe needs a strobe power supply but the LED's that make up the position light do not require a constant current driver.

I have had one of these running on my 7 for over 10 years with no LED driver.

Be aware that this combo is subject to strobe tube power limits otherwise you will cook the LED domes/optics and they will start to degrade rapidly. I learned this when I contacted them and asked them why my LED domes appeared to be burnt by the strobe tube. I ended up purchasing the LED's and removing and replacing them myself. In my case I my strobe PS was dumping too much energy into the tail strobe tube with each flash.

Last edited:
Back