What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ports on O-235 C1 to Install Oil Pressure and Temperature Senders?

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
I have the Lycoming manual but it is unclear on where the oil pressure sender goes - and completely silent on where the oil temperature sender can be connected.

I am trying to figure out where on the engine you make the connections for these two senders.

I have spent a lot of time searching the net for these answers with no luck at all.

Can someone who has installed these help me out? A pic would be greatly appreciated.

I think the pressure sender goes on the upper rear co-pilot side, though I'm not certain See attached pic, upper left corner.

https://goo.gl/photos/fvaugMUpFHWkJRv56

I have no idea where the oil temp. sender goes.

Also, any suggestions on the senders (type/model/source) themselves would be appreciated.

TIA
Gary

Oil temp usually comes from the top of the oil filter adapter, just ahead of the filter and above the vernatherm.

Oil pressure comes from a port to the right (looking fwd) of the vacuum pump pad (as in your picture)

MAP comes from the #3 cylinder fuel primer port.

Last edited:
Oil temp usually comes from the top of the oil filter adapter, just ahead of the filter and above the vernatherm.

Oil pressure comes from a port to the right (looking fwd) of the vacuum pump pad (as in your picture)

MAP comes from the #3 cylinder fuel primer port.

Raymo has it correct. I did not elaborate on the exact position, as it appeared that different model O-235's had slightly different locations for the temp probe.

Go to your local airport and see if you can find a shop or owner that has the cowling off a Lyc powered aircraft. Seeing it in person will likely be very clarifying.

Back