What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Praise for the Breed!

PerfTech

Well Known Member
... I feel this statement is much overdue on our part, and wish to share our thoughts and impressions. We have been in business for some fifty or so years, dealing with many different products and services. Automotive specialty racing products, turbine engines components and aircraft products are a few. We deal on a daily basis with people from all walks of life and many different disciplines. Something very different began to emerge right from the beginning when we started offering products and services to the RV community. This being said, we would like to convey our feelings and thoughts about this very special group, (RV OWNERS AND BUILDERS). When I look back at the thousands of conversations, and as many business transactions that we have had with these special people, I can't recall even one, that tried to take advantage, mislead, deceive or displayed a lack of character or class. This, in this day and age is very rare and refreshing. Pilots are usually a cut above in general, but the RV people are in our opinion, the cream of the crop! We (A.S.A.) feel very honored to have been so well received, supported and accepted by this truly unique group of special people. Thank you all, each and every one. Allan and staff at A.S.A.

Allan, I have to agree with you. This group has been very good to me on may occasions with different ones.

Allan, I want to second your statement about the RV community. Steve and I have dealt with many RV builders and owners, and have found all of them upstanding people. I personally have not ever had any bad experiences.
We are honored to be able to do business with this family of people, and look forward to many more years of helping others.
Tom

Well put, Alan. It's nice to see someone articulate my thoughts about the RV community. It's a very special bunch. :)

It's a very nice thought...but of course, complete BS.

Base human traits are rarely transmogrified by possession of a particular airplane. To quote Ronald Reagan, "Trust, but verify".

It's a very nice thought...but of course, complete BS.

Base human traits are rarely transmogrified by possession of a particular airplane. To quote Ronald Reagan, "Trust, but verify".

This. I've come across at least one less-than-honorable individual who happened to fly an RV.

Buzzkill!

And Dan also gets penalized for using "transmogrified" in a public forum:rolleyes:

I think there is enough anecdotal evidence to conclude that at least the quality of the company suppresses some of what can ooze to the surface in our interactions in the world of Vans.

transmogrified

reminds me of some great flying music .... huh, right, everyone knows AssChickenMetal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRyaYkymJY

untitled.JPG

Last edited:
reminds me of some great flying music .... huh, right, everyone knows AssChickenMetal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRyaYkymJY

untitled.JPG

Ha !
I prefer NIN,"Closer", Queens of the Stone Age, etc... especially for my aerobatic adventures. To quote my wife "that music makes me want to take a knife and stab myself in the eye". Don't think she likes it much.
Point taken Steve.

In my experience, the RV community is a cross section of humanity. No different than anything or anywhere else. But.....belonging to the RV community, and this forum specifically, allows you to connect with a lot of great people...., and a few donkey holes.

Yep! In what other forum is there enough trust to ship something to a purchaser before receiving a cleared check?

A whole lot of civility here compared to many auto forums I'm on. They are either holier than though or downright malicious.

Not so here on VAF.

AMEN! Everything is relative.

A whole lot of civility here compared to many auto forums I'm on. They are either holier than though or downright malicious.
Not so here on VAF.

When I had my C6 Corvette, I thought many people on the Corvette forum were idiots with a capital "I".
Now that I'm on the Camaro5 forum, those 'Vette guys look like Saints.

When I had my C6 Corvette, I thought many people on the Corvette forum were idiots with a capital "I".

Mel,
Try being a member of a forum for a certain brand of diesel pick-up! To quote Jed Clampett...."Whoo, doggies"!

The other online forum I lurk in (mostly) is AR15.com. While the tech forums are pretty good, the general discussion forum is ... whatever and does give me a sense of appreciation for how DR manages the general discussion area here by keeping it RV-specific.

A breed of hospitality...

Last weekend was spent flying and staying in a resort home owned by a very active RVer in the warm high desert. This weekend flew the other way, beat ground bound traffic by over two hours this holiday 😄 was tying down to hear over my shoulder "HulaGirl will not stay out in the weather" got a free hangar for the holiday weekend and any time we are here at the coast and an open Inventation to the other RVer's beach house...
We are living the dream!
Cheers to you all!

I agree completely regarding the Corvette forums (Can't believe you sold your C6, best car I've ever had). The biggest collection of morons is found on the Turbo Ford forum. The bicycle forums are filled with officious snots. This forum is worlds above the rest in my opinion. I've never seen anyone be rude to another member.

Jerre

I never counted on a forum like this when I switched to the dark side. (ie. experimental) after 40 years of certificated flying.
What a pleasure.... And I even learn something now and then about posting ethics. I put a humorous post on a few days ago.... about a radio exchange from an RV to a Cessna. It never even made the light of day here.
After some mental review, I have to commend the moderator. It was not well thought through.
The technical knowledge is superb and often timely for hands on work.
Allan is on target in his analysis.... and comparisons to the general net forum quality.

Thanks Allan, I agree the RV bunch are great but I've also had great luck with many of the vendors supplying parts and accessories for our wonderful RVs.
Thanks to you and your staff for great service.

Back