What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sedona BBQ Flyin, April 11, 2015

Randy

Well Known Member
Our local CAP and Hangar Association members are putting on a BBQ Flyin on Saturday, April 11, 2015.

BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chicken, w desert and sides will be served.

Proceeds go to the Civil Air Patrol and to help us build an emergency response trail off the approach end of Runway 3.

Food is $12 for adults $6 for kids.

We should have some live music to enjoy too!

I got permission to expand the event to include RVs that want to fly in so come on in and get a belly full of good food and see the great scenery here.

We have a large new parking ramp area so there will be plenty of room for parking. I am sure there will be signs to direct you to the food etc but more information wil be posted here as the date approaches.

Randall in Sedona

Still on?

We were thinking about a Sedona trip and combining it with this fly-in, but I can't find any information on the web. Is the Fly-in still on? If so, seems that they need to raise their visibility a bit.

YES, the fly in is still on!

Sedona 2nd annual BBQ Flyin, this Saturday April 11th.

Food service begins at 12:00 Noon, between the first two rows of hangars to the East of the Restaurant. Should be a big tent setup.

Plenty of BBQ beef, pulled pork and chicken will be served.

CAP cadets will be on hand to help direct traffic and parking etc.

Aviation vendors will be on site, raffle prizes, live music etc.

Come see the sites of Sedona and have a great meal.

$12.00 for audults and $6.00 for kids. Proceeds go toward construction of an emergency access trail off the end of Runway 3 and the local CAP chapter.

This should be a fun kind of low key fly in with a chance to meet most of the local Sedona pilots and enjoy some great food and entertainment.

Randall in Sedona

Sedona BBQ

It is on!!! Come on out Saturday.

Weather forecast = Perfect for flying!!! high of 76 deg, mostly sunny, wind 9 mph (ssw), 0% chance of rain!!!

Checkin desk opens at 10:00 AM.

Menu:

Smoked Beef Brisket
Pulled Pork
Grilled Chicken
Pinto Beans
Cole Slaw
Chips
Cookies
Water/Soda pop

Food line opens at noon ($12 per plate for adults)

Sammy Davis Band will play!

Raffle Prizes!

Arriving Aircraft - follow ramp staff to parking
Arriving vehicles will use the north gate at the north end of Hangar road. Follow signs. Parking attendants will direct you to parking. Drive slowly upon entering the airfield.

Unicom Freq: 123.00

Ground Shuttle Freq: 123.45

Fly In Ramp Space

If weather in the Midwest cooperates, I'm fly heading east from CA this weekend to Western PA (Rostraver (FWQ)). Any chance leaving my RV-8A on your ramp overnight Sat after participating in the festivities and departing early Sun morning?

That's should be no problem. Just park in front of the main building where the flags are flying. Tell the CAP cadets that you need overnight parking.

Back