What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell prop governor S-1-10

dougweil

Well Known Member
Hi all:

Has anyone had any oil leak issues with the Hartzell prop governor S-1-10? I have about 830 hours on mine and I have had it in our local prop shop (Maxwell Aircraft) twice (350 and 650 hrs) to correct a stubborn oil leak at the rear of the governor. It is now leaking again and I'm about have this repaired a third time. Each time two $3 O-rings are replaced which seems to solve the problem for 300 hours or so.

Any thoughts??????

Prop Governer Leak

The same problem occurred with my Hartzell governor after about 690 hours. Turns out there is a service bulletin, HC-SC-60-365, which calls for replacement of the original "O" ring with a new version. Approaching 800 hours since the SB was done and absolutely no leaks. Did the shop install the new type "O" Ring?

sorry for the thread drift here. I just installed a hartzell S series governor on my 540. At 40 hours, I noticed a small amount of oil dripping down the front of the case and traced it back to the governor. It appears to be coming from the mounting gasket, but can't tell due to smearing of the oil. Where does the leak you refer come show oil coming from?

Larry

My drips are coming out at the rear of the governor around the control shaft. I?ll check out the SB.

Thanks guys!

Back