What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sennheiser To Discontinue Aviation Headsets

Doesn't surprise me

Being in the audio business and in fact working as an acoustical engineer for a direct competitor to Sennheiser's core products (not the aviation headsets product line) I can tell you that for a big company like them the volumes for aviation headsets are tiny. Miniscule in fact. Too many competitors and not enough customers. They sell many, many times more regular hi-fi headphones to consumers. I've tried S1 digital and it's a well designed headset but Bose already has a very strong position with regards to the small amount of sales potential that exists for high end aviation headsets.

Competition

I wonder if the new wireless headsets from Lightspeed for $800.00 till the end of the year influenced their decision to withdraw from the market?
cj

doubt it

I think they probably just looked at the amount of revenue and sales versus the development cost, promotion, etc. Have you seen their booth at Airventure? They definitely spent a lot of money promoting their products, especially the S1 but my guess is it just wasn't making money.

Senheiser

That's disappointing. I love my Senheiser headset. It's my first an only one though, so I don't have much to compare to.

Back