What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part question again ?

duck

I'm New Here
Hi at all,

once again i am wondering what part i have found here. It is a stainless steel stripe, marked "Caution it is sharp", thanks .

The label says also : SS304-26GAX1/2X9

Does anybody have an idea where this could/should be used ?

Thank You very much.

David

Attachments

• StainlessSteel.jpg
    StainlessSteel.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 116
I too would like to know. I have two of them left over from my two RV8 builds. I didn’t use them……. because I don’t know what they are for. I must have skipped that page in the construction manual - twice!

IIRC that is used to clamp around the SCAT ducting for the heater "system". See drawing OP-29, OP-33.

However, you would be better served by using a MS21919-WDG-32 (adel) clamp for the SCAT...IMHO

Last edited:
@ All Thanks for Your help.
I will probably not use thoes stripes....

Nice greetings

David

+1 on what Brian said. If you do use them there is an unwritten rule that they will cut you in the process; it's unavoidable. ;)

Another possible spot where they could be used
Drawing 45, cross section R-R. Spacer shim between cowling vertical hinge & stainless firewall to build up thickness to match cowl thickness to fuselage side skin.
I opt to use .020 aluminum shim here as others have mentioned much easier on the fingers.

They might be usable to wrap around and secure the cooling blast tubes aimed at the magnetos. I still haven’t figured out a really good way to secure those.

Back