What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Spruce Canada

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Anyone else noticing a big change on in stock items at ACS Canada since Covid? They use to have most items in stock , now most items are back ordered. Wandering if this is actually Covid related or just a new strategy for ACS.

I have been ordering every few weeks and have not had any issues with common items.

Last edited:
I've also noticed a problem with stuff being back ordered. Often it's more specific and odd things. Still comes fairly quick, so can't complain too much.

Actually, yes, I have experienced quite a few delays over the past months. I'm scratch building a Bearhawk so I buy lots of raw material (sheets of aluminum, 4130 tubing, hardware, etc) and have had many 1-4 week delays on simple things.

My current delay is about 6 weeks (hasn't shipped yet) for an AN490 threaded rod end. They had one in stock at the end of April...they are now saying mid-June for the other that I need.

All that being said, I find their customer service (especially Lynette) very helpful and responsive.

Exchange rate

I’ve had good success with items being in stock at Brantford. My concern is the exchange rate built into the Canadian prices versus the US prices. Right now it’s 36% whereas the going exchange rate is about 21%. It means that for expensive items - things like avionics - you’re better off ordering from the US. I’d rather support the Canadian operation but that’s quite a price difference.

Last edited:
We apologize for any limitations you have experienced in stock, or for increased shipment times. We have not changed our stocking strategy for the Brantford, Ontario, location, however, delays from suppliers as well as overall fulfillment times have caused some dates to be pushed back for when stock could be received at this location. Our stock levels should be resolved within the next two weeks.

-Aircraft Spruce Customer Service

Thanks

I`ll take this quick opportunity to thank the awesome team at Aircraft Spruce, and in particular, the team here in Ontario, Canada. We are very fortunate to have such a supplier and dedicated team to support our aviation community. My 2.5 year RV-12 project would not be flying without the help of the AS Team here in Ontario (and my certified aircraft before this). While no company is perfect, any issues I have had were quickly sorted and resolved. You can`t ask for much more than that.

Thanks and Happy Flying! :)

Back