What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PMA8000BT vs. GMA-350 (non-BT) with G3X

Dad's RV-10

Well Known Member
I'm planning a panel redo for my RV-10. It will likely have two 10.6" G3X's and a GTN-650 (and possibly an SL-30).

I already have an older version of the PS Engineering PMA8000BT (marker beacons and Bluetooth) and I also have a non-Bluetooth version on the GMA-350 (marker beacons).

I'm trying to determine whether to install one vs. the other. Or whether I should sell both and install something different?

My understanding is that the GMA-350 does not have any slide in replacements, whereas the PMA8000BT does. In other words, if I were to install the GMA-350 and decide to change it at some point, there would be some rewiring involved. But there are (some) slide-in replacements for the PMA8000BT.

I think the GMA-350 has voice command functionality? I have no experience with this and I have no idea if it's something I'd use.

And I think both comm panels have limited interaction with the G3X.

I'm not sure I care about marker beacons one way of the other. I fly for a living and I can't remember the last time I utilized a marker beacon.

It seems like the biggest differentiator between the two units is that one has Bluetooth and one has voice commands. But I'm sure there are aspects I'm missing, so any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Another option...

Take a look at the GMA 245. It doesn't have a marker beacon receiver, but has nice audio controls, 3D processing, etc. and it integrates nicely with the G3X via CANBUS and gives you Audio panel controls on the G3X...

Take a look at the GMA 245. It doesn't have a marker beacon receiver, but has nice audio controls, 3D processing, etc. and it integrates nicely with the G3X via CANBUS and gives you Audio panel controls on the G3X...
I've read that the GMA-245 is designed to integrate with the G3X but I guess that's really my question;

When paired with the G3X and GTN-650, what does the GMA-245 (panel mount or remote) offer from a standpoint of functionality vs. the two panel mount comm units I already own?

Back