What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D-180 TAS Readout

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
I'm new to the D-180 so patience will be appreciated. During my first flight or two I recall seeing a TAS value displayed in the upper left hand corner (full screen EFIS mode) with an altitude indication. A GNS 430W is my gps source instrument.

After having a GDL-82 installed by my avionics shop, I have lost the TAS reading on the full EFIS screen but still have the altitude reading in the upper left hand corner. I see in the D-180 manual that cycling to the 1/3 HSI function view that there is a TAS readout there. But is there someplace in the setup where I can restore the TAS indication on the full EFIS screen? If so, could you be specific as to exactly how I restore a TAS value on the full EFIS screen..

Thanks

Last edited:
Select "OAT"

I have to admit this one had me scratching my head since I've got TAS displayed on my D180. After a little finger punching when I went flying today this is what I found out:

Select the L2 push button
Then select "info"
Then select "left" or "right" depending on which side you want it displayed
Then select "OAT"

TAS should now be displayed along with OAT and density altitude. I'm guessing it's OAT since TAS calculations vary with the temperature. That should do it for you.

I really do appreciate the help. Just one question. Which button is the L2? Do you mean the 2nd button from the left? Thanks again..

Back