What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D180 with Garment 660

SO FLYER

I'm New Here
Hi my name is Carlos and I am the owner of an RV9. I have a question that I hope you can help. I have a Dinon Flydec D180 and I just installed a Garment 660. I will like to integrate this tow together so I can start flying some instrument approaches. I was told that I had to add a Dynon HS34 for this to work and use an ARINC429 cable connector (not RS232) I’m a bit confuse in how to do the cabling. Do you have any thoughts on this. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Carlos Alcantara

Go to the dynon d-180 installation manual. It’s on the internet. Wish I knew how to upload a web page.

RD

Installation

I recommend to study the installation manual for the D180 and the user manual for the Aera 660, as well as the FAQ on the Dynon Forum, all of the information you need is published. Best to fully understand how it all goes together and what special crimping tools and parts you need, as well as the configuration settings, before you start.

Re. the data connections; the D180 EFIS connects to the HS34 via the DSAB (two wires). The Aera 660 output is RS232. I don't honestly know if the Aera 660 NMEA output includes all the data you need to fly instrument approaches.

Back