What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taking Isabella for a ride

Hi, I need some advice please . My RV7 is in the final (ish) stages of its build and should be ready at end October/November this year (we?ll see :))

One of my regular passengers will be my dog Isabella. I am trying to work out the best way to secure her in the aircraft , any ideas would be great. If it is the 2 of us I was thinking about attaching her somehow to the hooker harness through means of a dog harness of some type so she can sit/lie on the front seat and not go through the canopy if we hit turbulence etc.

If I have a human passenger and want her to come along then other option is to put her in the luggage bay somehow (maybe crate on top of something so she can see out?)

There must be some 7 drivers who take their dog along, any ideas would be great. I don?t want her sitting on passengers lap and MUST be attached to the aircraft via harnesses or secured in back luggage area.

Of course this is all subject to her liking it and not chucking up all over my cockpit:)

cdf97748.jpg

4 Paws Aviation

Check out www.4pawsaviation.com and check out their K9 Ear Muffs.
I bought a pair for my Black Lap puppy at AirVenture this year. I compared The Mutt Muffs to the 4Paws K9 Ear Muffs and IMHO the 4Paws brand was built better and was a much better unit. If I remember correctly the 4Paws brand was slightly more expensive but not enough to make a real difference in making the decision.

PS ? I have no connection with 4 Paws Aviation ? Just a dog lover.

Back