What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Langley AFB RV builders

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Any RV builders at/around Langley AFB? I'm PCSing there in September, expect on-base quarters, and should start making noise in the basement this fall. It'd be nice to know if there are any Van's AF wingmen there.

Scroll

Our chapter EAA 339 meets the first Tuesday of each month, just across the tunnel in VA Beach. We have about 8 RV's with 3 flying and 1 just about ready for the first flight. You can call me at 757 523-5885 and we'll be happy to hook you up.

Trib,
Thanks, it'll be good to join the Chapter. It'll be me and my 16-year-old son. I'll send you a pm later on. BTW, the two of us travel to Aurora, OR, next week to meet Joe Blank at the Vans factory to 'map out' our 7 buying list, fly the demo, and see the factory. Can't wait!

Scroll

Rv-8 project in base housing

Scroll-

I'm a relatively new arrival at Langley also. In a house at the newly built Bethel Manor area...nice sized garages.

FM - where do you keep your -8?

Trib - I'm also interested in joining the chapter. Currently TDY, but will call soon if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Call anytime. We have a really great chapter, including being very active in the Virginia Regional Fly-In. We meet at the Volvo plant on Greenbrier Pkwy as one of our members works there and they were kind enough to lend their facility. The number of RV flyers and builders make us the envy (brunt of jokes) of the other members. You'll enjoy it and there is plenty of advice (most of it good) from others when you need help, and always someone willing to lend a hand.

Back