What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV prospective builder / fanatic, visiting MD

lightning

Well Known Member
i'm coming home to MD on Dec 16th-30th for christmas leave, and would love to come check out some RV's in the area..

i'll be in SOMD (Leonardtown) but will be doing some travelling around and would love to check out the progress on your RV!!

Ian,

I'm finishing my 6A in Laurel, DE (Other side of the Chesapeake - just North of Salisbury, MD). Did the engine start last weekend - going for the nitpicky things....

Ralph Capen

Ian,
I'm working on RV-7 wings in Great Mills. E-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like to stop by. I'll be away during the second part of your visit, but should be around until the 24th or so.

excellent!!

hey guys!! thanks so much for the response!!! i hope to come see all of your projects! but don't know for sure what the schedule looks like yet... i'll be in touch.

but right now the big event that i'm excited about is deployment ends in 3 weeks!!!!! :D:D:D

scott, you should definitely expect a visit!! you're only 10 minutes from me!!!!:cool:

In Bel Air, MD

Working on my fuselage, Santa has approved funding for the finishing kit, which I hope to order within the next week or 2. Send me an e-mail if interested in seeing my 9A.

Working on my fuselage, Santa has approved funding for the finishing kit, which I hope to order within the next week or 2. Send me an e-mail if interested in seeing my 9A.

you may be in the same boat as Mike... but we'll see, i might have to plan an RV only trip to come home to MD.. and visit all yall's projects :cool:

now i just noticed a new user on the forums, listed in Lexington Park, MD.

anyone know him?

Rburns i believe:cool:

Hey Ian,

I do live in Lexington Park. I don't have an RV of my own, just a wanna be. I know that there are a few at St. Mary's Airport. Best of luck and enjoy you time back in SOMD.

Ian if you are up to it give me a shout I have a flying 8 and would be happy to come to you and give you a ride if you care.
All the Best

man, i'm stoked beyond belief!!! :D:D:D:D i've had the RV grin on since you called!! hahaha

Jenna's not gonna be to tickled when she finds out i'm more excited about this ride than i am about going shopping with her!!:rolleyes: (although i'm sure she already knows);)

i can't wait, i'll call you after i talk to her and find out when i'm free, again thanks so much!!! i really can't wait :D:D

Hey I am looking forward to it too, we will have a blast. We can even get you significant other in the plane at least or a ride if she is up for it.:D

several RVs there

Ian, I fly in there from time to time on my corporate job. I have met several RV owners and builders there. That is also the airport where the East Coast Van's rep. will have his RV12. Don't remember his name. Help me, someone. I have seen a couple of Rv6s and a 10 all in one hanger there.

Hey I am looking forward to it too, we will have a blast. We can even get you significant other in the plane at least or a ride if she is up for it.:D

she asked if she could... i said probably, she's pretty excited to see if she can handle sitting behind me!!

she says she wants to ride..... but doesn't wanna ride with a builder she's never met.... she's a bit hesitant..

so we'll check weather, but weather permitting how does the 23rd sound?

she says that day will work. :cool:

Hey no problem:D I totally understand if all she wants is to sit in it thats fine, if it helps you can tell her the plane has braved the Bermuda triangle and survived.:D
The 23rd will be great!

may have to change days... i'm currently having to flex to fit the needs of some pretty unflexible people... :mad:

i may have to call you when i get to town, just to figure out when people need me :confused:

but i REALLY hope we can make this happen!!:D

i worked some magic, and now i'm very flexible with scheduling... including the 23rd.

so we'll say 23rd weather depending!!!

(and i'm praying for good weather!!):D:D

Kirk I can't thank you enough!!!! :D:D:D:D

i loved it and so did Jenna!!

such an awesome plane!! smooth, powerful, graceful...

i'm speechless.

Hey Ian,
It was my pleasure I had a ball sharing the 8 with you and Jenna, hope to see you again soon.
By the way you did a great job fling the 8 very smooth and did not overcontrol:)

still got the grin!!

and jenna loved it, i now have the official "go-ahead" to start collecting tools and preparing a shop :D

i can't get the smile off my face!!

and i can't stop thinkin about flying your -8!! what a treat!

by the way, do you have a picture of the paint your gonna get?

i can't get the smile off my face!!

and i can't stop thinkin about flying your -8!! what a treat!

by the way, do you have a picture of the paint your gonna get?

Thats great Ian,
For now this is the best I can give you, the 8 will be a little diffrent but this is the Mustang I am honoring. The pilot is still with us and living in Atlanta
my.php

so today i was over at RV8180's house checking out the status of his -8 and discussing all things aviation....

and i was so excited to tell him about flying your -8, and telling about how Jenna started to walk away.... then turned around and took a ride!! :D:D:D:cool:

we were both RV grinning all day!! :cool:

can't wait to see the "Dakota Queen" painted!! :cool:

Back