- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:43 AM

Default Airport dog needs a home

There was a stray dog who's been running around the airport (KCPM) the past few days and the staff was going to take him to the shelter. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to take him home temporarily until we find him a good home. He's super friendly and playful and is a very nice dog with no bad habits. He hardly barks at all, seems to be potty-trained (has only done his business when we open the door and let him out), and just a big ball of happy.

The vet said he appears to be very young (1 year old or less) and very healthy. He has no chip. We tried looking online to see if he belongs to anyone locally, but no luck so far.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. I'd hate to take him to the shelter, but we already have a dog so we cannot keep him. If you have young kids, I'm sure they would LOVE this playful little guy.

Here's a three second video of him. I may even be able to deliver him to you if you're within about a 1 hour flying distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2A4FHJFWc

Dues Happily Paid
Old 09-05-2019, 11:39 AM

Thumbs up

That's a good deed Brian! If I was closer i'd consider it but am WAY more than one hour away lol
Certified Aug 2021
Dues paid 2022
Old 09-05-2019, 01:37 PM

I saw him in the terminal building and wondered what happened to him. Hopefully, he finds a home.

I wonder what happened to the rabbit that was found.
www.theaviatorx.com
"Genius is persistence in disguise"

Old 09-05-2019, 06:49 PM

I wonder if Pilots n Paws can help find a forever home for the pup?
Roseville, Ca
Old 09-05-2019, 10:57 PM

I've never heard of Pilots n Paws, but sounds like a possibility. Let me look them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaweeka View Post
I wonder if Pilots n Paws can help find a forever home for the pup?

Dues Happily Paid
Old 09-05-2019, 11:02 PM

Hey Xavier. Can you help spread the word for me? Maybe someone at Compton wants him? I'm working every day until Sunday and hardly have time for this, but I really want him to find a good home. I was gonna post his photo around the airport just in case someone in the local neighborhood lost him and is still looking. But my gut feeling is that he was abandoned. Otherwise, they would have found him already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierm View Post
I saw him in the terminal building and wondered what happened to him. Hopefully, he finds a home.

I wonder what happened to the rabbit that was found.

Dues Happily Paid
Old 09-06-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1flyingyogi View Post
There was a stray dog who's been running around the airport (KCPM) the past few days and the staff was going to take him to the shelter. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to take him home temporarily until we find him a good home. He's super friendly and playful and is a very nice dog with no bad habits. He hardly barks at all, seems to be potty-trained (has only done his business when we open the door and let him out), and just a big ball of happy.

The vet said he appears to be very young (1 year old or less) and very healthy. He has no chip. We tried looking online to see if he belongs to anyone locally, but no luck so far.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. I'd hate to take him to the shelter, but we already have a dog so we cannot keep him. If you have young kids, I'm sure they would LOVE this playful little guy.

Here's a three second video of him. I may even be able to deliver him to you if you're within about a 1 hour flying distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2A4FHJFWc
God bless you Brian. I wish I were closer to help.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:59 AM

Brian,
https://www.pilotsnpaws.org/

PNP is a group that utilizes private aviators to help deliver rescue animals to adoptive homes. It's a very well run network and we've volunteered for many rescues. They are usually at most airshows. Sara and I have done several rescues and look forward to many more.

Thanks for caring enough to help the puppy.

David
Roseville, Ca
Old 09-06-2019, 05:14 AM

Pilots N Paws is a group that works with rescue organizations to get dogs and cats from one place to another. It's not a rescue organization per se. What you need to do is find a rescue organization in the local area that will accept him and they will then work to find him his "forever home". If that home is in another area of the country, then they put a request up on the PNP website, and pilots volunteer their time, money and aircraft to do the transport. I've done this many times.

I hope this works out, he looks like a great "buddy" for someone!
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Dynon Skyview HDX, Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Whirlwind 200RV CS Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
https://www.marksrv8.com
Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM

I'll spread the word. Send me a few pictures. I'll PM you my email address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1flyingyogi View Post
Hey Xavier. Can you help spread the word for me? Maybe someone at Compton wants him? I'm working every day until Sunday and hardly have time for this, but I really want him to find a good home. I was gonna post his photo around the airport just in case someone in the local neighborhood lost him and is still looking. But my gut feeling is that he was abandoned. Otherwise, they would have found him already.
www.theaviatorx.com
"Genius is persistence in disguise"