What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tonneau Cover - Classic Aero Designs

Hi, I need some advice please.

I can't afford the whole shebang regards seats; carpets; side panels etc from Classic Aero designs. I have a guy who can make me some seats and side panels (very good quality and affordable) but he can't make the tonneau cover which CAD sell for $317 odd. I really want one of these (or similar) because it not only covers the luggage area but also provides a light weight shelf which I know I will need.

http://www.classic.aero/web/public/...=33&ProductCategory=RV-7&ProductCategoryID=12

From the guys who have this product, do you reckon its worth it and are you happy with the product. I have heard very good things on all the CAD products

Regards
Paul

Poul the pruducts i have from cad have all been worth the money seats armrests carpets stickboots tonneau cover and some other odds and ends they made for my rv6 they make a nice good product i have been really happy with my stuff there is a couple of pictures on the cad web site under rv6
And the cover works good

Classic Aero

I didn't go for the entire package either. I did splurge for the Aviator seats and they are worth every penny, a little heavy, but your rear will thank you! A couple years ago I did OSH to Seattle in one day, almost 12 hours in the airplane that day, and the seats were great! I ordered the carpet kit with the baggage panels, but honestly, I never installed the side walls for the baggage area. I ordered the elbow rests instead of the molded side panels and although it's not quite as finished looking, I wanted the extra inch of space and reduce the weight. One thing I'm glad I did was have CA make a couple of custom pockets for each side. One pocket is mounted on the front of the spar and another is on the side wall next to the thigh.

This shows the armrest, but not the pockets (this pic was 400 hours ago with a lot less wear!)...
IMG_1495.JPG

Back