What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Misbehavior

ericwolf

Well Known Member
I have a Trutrak ADI Pilot II that I have been using since first flight 6 months ago. It has been great to me until recently. After engaging the autopilot, it flies true for a short while then starts turning to the right (steeper than it usually does) and eventually will start turning back again after 90-180 degrees of turning and will overshoot the course to the left and so on. This happens whether it is following a GPS course or a ground track. The altitude hold and the instrument itself seems to be working fine.

I plan to talk to TT next week, but I figured I would first ask to see if this is a common issue.

Eric,

Check out the TT forum on their website, I recall seeing something there and you might get your answer faster. TT monitors the list and they are great at responding as well.

Thanks for the hint Rick. Another guy had a similar problem that gave me an idea to check the servo. I checked in on the ground and the servo appears to be trying to do something, but not moving the stick hardly at all. I'm not really looking forward to digging out the servo, but it looks like that is the problem.

Thanks for the hint Rick. Another guy had a similar problem that gave me an idea to check the servo. I checked in on the ground and the servo appears to be trying to do something, but not moving the stick hardly at all. I'm not really looking forward to digging out the servo, but it looks like that is the problem.

Are you seeing the servo sort of "jitter" in place but not really control the ailerons in the correct direction?

I think I know where Lucas is going with his question. I had the exact same problem. Turned out to be a bad connection at the controler. Most likley that will be what you find

Are you seeing the servo sort of "jitter" in place but not really control the ailerons in the correct direction?
That's a fair description. I could gently move the stick from side to side and it would sort of tick in the direction that I was moving it.

For what it's worth, the problem slowly came on. It started by working for ~10 minutes, then breaking away. Now it happens almost right away. I'll start by checking the connection & pins at the instrument, then work my way to the connection at the servo.

Thanks for monitoring and replying to my post Lucas.

Back